Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jewelry inspiration and history

I love many types of jewelry as long at is vintage and is superbly executed... just a thing I have. In turn I love sharing finds, knowledge that I think will help and delight collectors and all the while, learning myself.

These thoughts bring me to an Auction of jewels formerly from the collection of the Duchess of Windsor. The auction will take place at Sotheby's in London on November 10th. Every piece tells a story from her life and love, the Duke of Windsor.

I also wanted to share this photo of a recent piece I acquired. This panther brooch is decorative jewelry, but executed so well he has charmed everyone that I have shown him to. From the setting of the rhinestones to his wonderful articulated body, he is so lovely,sparkling and a little glamorous. I believe he may well have been an inspiration of the Cartier panther bracelet that was in the Duchess of Windsors collection.

Enjoy!







1 comment:

Jay said...

This panther brooch is nicely decorative with jewelry. Its look so lovely and sparkling.
St Louis Jewelry Stores